Sunday, February 3, 2008

Truth At Midnight continued....

As they drove away, Bethany was gathering her courage to ask what had happened back there. She choked on her words as she said, "Daddy, why are we going to Seattle's airport instead of Chicago's? And Grandma isn't dead, is she? And-" he father cut her off. "Listen sweetheart, I don't want to scare you, and if you are scared-" now she cut him off. "I am scared!" He sighed. "I knew you would be. Let's pull over and talk about it, okay?" he said. They drove into a McDonalds parking lot and went through the drive through. After, they praked and he explained. "Bethany sweetie, someone is after me," he said. She gasped. "What? Daddy why? You didn't do anything wrong!" she said. "Well, no, not recently. But a long time ago. I did something very bad that I cannot speak of, and that I bitterly regret. I am sorry that it is effecting us all. Honey I can't let the police know we are running from someone, because they will ask questions, and that will lead to the terrible thing I did, and we can't have that. I'm sorry all of this is happening," he finished. "Why are we going to the Seattle airport instead of Chicago?" she asked. "Because, Seattle is a small airport, and they don't always keep records on who flies where. But in Chicago, it is so big that they have a lot of security, and well, it would be obvious we are running. They also keep a record of every single person on every single flight that leaves their airport. Anyone who wanted to could find out where we went," he said. "And it is also very obvious, if we travel a while, we might have a better chance." There was silence. This was disturbing. "Dad, will you ever tell me what you did wrong?" He sighed. "Maybe sweetheart, but it is very, very bad, and could cost me my life."

Aubrey
P.S. Hey check out my blog to find out more about this story, hints and clues you can't find here!

0 comments: